Tribal Programs > Tribal Enrollment      
MHA Nation Tribal Enrollment      
"The Mission of the Tribal Enrollment Office is to provide service to the Membership, Tribal Government, and Program Entities."  
  "Tribal Enrollment will continue to be the foundation of our sovereignty and the basis of our existence."  
" NOTICE: Effective September 1, 2015 updates will no longer be accepted by phone, email or fax. Any updates will need to be done by
written notarized request or in person. This is due to a substantial increase in attempts for fraudulent updates."
  Age 18+ must update themselves
Age 17- must be updated by their parent/legal guardian
Contact Information      
   Telephone: 701-627-4238 Office Location: Mailing Address:  
   Fax: 701-627-4252 1 Minne-Tohe Drive Tribal Enrollment Department  
    New Town, ND 58763 PO Box 100  
   Office Hours:   New Town, ND 58763  
   Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:30pm CST      
  •Sevant S. Taft, Enrollment Director •Delaine Clairmont, Enrollment Officer    
  Downloadable Forms      
  TAT Membership Enrollment Application      
  TAT Membership Enrollment Updated Address Form  
  TAT Census as of January 11, 2018  
  TAT ID Card Application Form    
   Enrollment Ordinance of the Three Affiliated Tribes Amendments  
   2017 Enrollment Summary  
   2016 Enrollment Summary    
   2015 Enrollment List    
Frequently Asked Questions      
  Q.) What is the current Enrollment Requirement for the Three Affiliated Tribes?  
  A.) Article II – Membership of the Three Affiliated Tribes Constitution and By-Laws is as follows:  
       Section 1. Membership. The Membership of the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation shall consist of:  
               (a) Persons of at least 1/8th degree blood of the Hidatsa, Mandan, and/or Arikara Tribes.  
                          (As amended by amendment No. A, effective December 16, 2010. Most recent prior amendment pursuant to a 2008 Secretarial Election.)  
        Section 2. Dual Enrollment  
                (a) Persons enrolled with another tribe and who have received benefits from such tribe in the form of land or payments shall not be eligible for  
                      enrollment with the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation, provided that inherited interests shall not be considered as being  
                (b) A person eligible for membership with the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation and another tribe shall relinquish whatever  
                      rights of membership he may hold in the other tribe as a condition to his enrollment with the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold  
        Section 3. The Tribal Business Council shall have power to promulgate ordinances, subject to review by the Secretary of the Interior, governing future  
        membership, the adoption of new members and the revision of the membership rolls from time to time as determined by such ordinances.  
  Q.) What documents do I need to send in with an Enrollment Application?  
  A.) All Enrollment Applications must be accompanied with the applicant's Original State Certified Birth Certificate (No hospital copies or photocopies shall be  
        accepted.) An application fee of $10.00 (Money Order Only), and a family tree chart filled out to the best of the applican'ts knowledge.  
        IF APPLICABLE:  
                If either parent is enrolled in another federally recognized tribe other than the Three Affiliated Tribes, a Verification of Non-Enrollment must be  
                attached to the application as well as the parent's Certificate of Indian Blood from their Tribe.  
  Q.) How do I obtain a copy of my Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)?  
  A.) A request may be made to the Three Affiliated Tribes Enrollment Office by either written or oral contact. Only you or a parent/legal guardian may request a Certificate of Indian Blood be sent to you. Please have your most recent correct mailing and physical address ready upon request.  
  Q.) My name was legally changed. How do I change my Enrollment Record to my new name?  
  A.) You will have to submit the supporting documentation to the Enrollment Office that states that your name has been legally changed (Marriage License,  
        Court Order, Birth Certificate, Adoption Decree, etc.)  
Three Affiliated Tribes
404 Frontage Road
New Town, ND 58763